- By ecocustomhomes
- In Build
How Commercial Contractors in Atlanta Are Utilizing Technology
The first thing most people want to know is: What does it costs to build a 3000 sqft custom home in the Atlanta, GA. market? The first thing you have to calculate is the square footage you want. Once you have that, the numbers below give you a good starting point.
Adjusted Square Foot Calculation:
- Above ground finished conditioned space is 100% of actual sqft
- Basement level finished conditioned space is 40% of actual.
- Garage space is 50% of actual
- Covered Patios / Porches are 70% of actual
- Decks are 20% of actual sqft.
- So a 3000 sqft home with 1000 sqft of finished basement, a 550 sqft garage and 250 sqft of covered or screened porches will have an adjusted SQFT of 3850.
- Lot costs are typically 30% to 35% of your total budget for a home.
- We find construction costs of $200 per sqft + or – 10%, plus a fixed cost of about $30k for site development costs. (Utilities, Driveway, Fencing, Landscaping, etc.) If you want a modern home with flat roofs and steel, you are looking $240 per sqft + or – 10%.
- Architectural Fees / Engineering Fees typically are 7% of construction costs, + or – depending on the amount of detail you want designed.
- Time to draw plans are 3 to 6 months. Time to permit is about 60 days. Time to construct a home depends on the size of the home, but typically we can do about $70K to $120k of work per month on a home; with a minimum of 6 months to construct a home.
- In today’s market we are finding that in doing large renovations/additions to homes are saving 10% to 20% versus a new home.
- Typically we see costs for new added space at $210 per sqft. Redoing existing space is about $135 per sqft.
- Architectural Fees / Engineering Fees typically are 6% of construction costs, + or – depending on the amount of detail you want designed.
- Time to draw plans are 1 to 3 months. Time to permit is about 30 days. Time to construct a home depends on the size of the home, but typically we can do about $60K to $100k of work per month on a home; with a minimum of 3 months to construct a home.